Telefonica, Microsoft and Facebook’s 6,600km fibre optic cable from USA to Spain

APACBusiness Review Europe — Microsoft and Facebook have announced an agreement to build a new, state-of-the-art subsea cable across the Atlantic, connecting America to Spain. The new “MAREA” cable will help meet the growing customer demand for high speed, reliable connections for cloud and online services for Microsoft, Facebook and their customers.

http://www.businessrevieweurope.eu/technology/872/Telefonica-Microsoft-and-Facebook’s-6600km-fibre-optic-cable-from-USA-to-Spain

Huawei, Telefonica complete trials on SDN-based optical network

ChinaTelecom Asia — Telefonica and Huawei have completed what the firms claim is the industry’s first migration of commercial user traffic over an SDN-based IP optical network IP+Optical trial network in Peru. The success of the SDN-based network resulted in Telefonica’s SDN team issuing a certification to Huawei to celebrate the service migration and carrying, the companies further said.

http://www.telecomasia.net/content/huawei-telefonica-complete-trials-sdn-based-optical-network

China Unicom Establishes JV For Big Data Service With Telefonica

ChinaChina Tech News — China Unicom and Telefonica will establish a joint venture named Smart Steps Digital Technology Co., Ltd for big data services. China Unicom will hold a 55% stake in the joint venture while Telefonica will hold the remaining 45%. They will operate and manage the joint venture in accordance with the market mechanism. Total investment in the venture was not released.

China Unicom Establishes JV For Big Data Service With Telefonica

China Unicom, Telefonica announce cloud collaboration

China.gifTelecom Asia — China Unicom and Telefónica have agreed to share their international data center capacity for multinational clients across Europe, The Americas and Asia, as a first step toward broader and larger scale cloud cooperation. The telcos said the initial agreement covers three major data centers from each operator with the inclusion of additional facilities over time.

http://www.telecomasia.net/content/china-unicom-telefonica-announce-cloud-collaboration

China Unicom and Telefónica in global data centre sharing agreement

ChinaBusiness Cloud News — Telefónica and China Unicom have agreed to share their international data centre capacity for multinational clients across Europe, The Americas and Asia. The initial agreement covers three major data centres from each operator but, the companies say, this could be the first step towards larger scale cloud cooperation.

http://www.businesscloudnews.com/2015/09/28/china-unicom-and-telefonica-in-global-data-centre-sharing-agreement/

China Unicom Builds Big Data JV With Telefonica

ChinaChina Unicom will establish a joint venture with Telefonica, a leading Spanish multinational telecom company. According to China Unicom, the preparation team has been formed and the joint venture will soon be launched. Under the agreement signed by the two parties, the joint venture will have total capital of CNY100 million, including CNY60 million from China Unicom and CNY40 million from Telefonica.

http://www.chinatechnews.com/2015/05/12/21667-china-unicom-builds-big-data-jv-with-telefonica