Singapore-based CloudDesk secures US$418K in funding

Singaporee27 — Singapore-based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and mobile computing solutions provider CloudDesk, has announced that it has secured SG$589,000 (estimated US$418,000) from theSingapore National Research Foundation (NRF) through itsTechnology Incubation Scheme (TIS), and IncuVest, a Singapore-based investment firm and incubator. Through this scheme, the NRF co-invests up to 85 per cent of the total investment into a Singapore-based startup, while the technology incubator co-invests the remaining 15 per cent, as well as provide mentorship and guidance to the startup.

http://e27.co/singapore-based-clouddesk-secures-us418k-in-funding-20150817/

Research and Markets: Asia Pacific VDI Market 2014-2018 with Citrix Systems, Dell, Microsoft, Ret Hat, VMware Dominating

VDI is a computing model wherein desktop images and applications are hosted at the centralized server location and provisioned to end-users as and when required. End-users gain access to applications and data using the remote connection protocol. Computing resources are also pooled at the centralized location from where it is allocated to applications and services as and when required. Virtualization helps in the better utilization of the available physical resources and enables higher workloads on the equipment, leading to better productivity.

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2014/11/12/research-and-markets-asia-pacific-vdi-market-2014-2018-citrix-systems-dell-microsoft-ret-#axzz3IwQmBAoC

Devon IT and Lenovo feature new thin clients and software

KING OF PRUSSIA, USA: Devon IT Inc., the thin client and virtual desktop software solutions provider has announced that Lenovo (in partnership with Devon IT) is showcasing virtual desktop and mobile solutions that enable users to access their desktop and corporate applications from numerous locations at Citrix Synergy. The event will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA, from May 6 – 8, 2014.

http://www.ciol.com/ciol/news/214152/devon-it-lenovo-feature-clients-software